Full course description
Participants will learn how to plan for and write a competitive grant proposal, and how the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP) provides assistance throughout the submission and review process.
Part 1 of the presentation will address aspects of grantsmanship, including:
- responding to a funding opportunity announcement,
- understanding the funding agency's review process,
- planning a proposal development timeline,
- using a step-by-step approach based on the research aims, and
- writing to win reviewer support.
Part 2 of the presentation will explain why proposals must be submitted through the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP), what role Grants and Contracts Officers serve in the process, and why University and sponsor compliance is critical for success.