LIVE SESSION: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 @3:00pm - 4:00pm, Zoom
Class Description: Participants will be able to construct effective proposal budgets including direct costs, facilities and administrative (F&A) costs, purchasing general and special purpose equipment and supplies, and personnel and contracting services. Participants will better understand what expenses are allowable and unallowable for a grant, contract or cooperative agreement and where to obtain additional information for accurately projecting costs. Federal regulations and University requirements will be presented regarding how costs can be appropriately applied, transferred and modified. The principles of cost sharing, subcontracting and matching funds will also be discussed.
Class Objectives: At the conclusion of this class, you should be able to:
- Differentiate between allowable and unallowable expenses for grants, contracts, and cooperative agreements
- List federal and University requirements for appropriately applying, transferring, and modifying costs
- Explain the principles of cost sharing, subcontracting, and matching funds
- Construct an effective proposal budget
- Identify sources of additional information for accurately projecting costs
REd Synchronous classes are taught by subject matter experts, and provide both fundamental and advanced skills training in flipped classroom format. These classes are offered live (currently, via Zoom), wherein participants will attend and participate in a 1-hour presentation and will be held responsible for completing any required pre-class and/or post-class activities outside the classroom (these activities can include: readings, videos, etc.). Participants can expect to spend up to 1-hour with these activities. The total duration for these synchronous classes is approximately 2-hours.