LIVE SESSION: Wednesday, February 9, 2022 @2:00pm - 3:00pm
Class Description: Individuals involved in clinical research budgeting and billing such as principal investigators, clinical research coordinators, financial analysts and department administrators will benefit from this presentation. Participants will learn the framework of clinical research financial management across the life of a study. Key requirements will be explained including Medicare Coverage Analysis (MCA), Protocol Billing Grids (PBGs), study visit registration and charge review, ePayment and participant reimbursement, invoicing, and available online tools and educational resources. The relevance of federal regulation, institutional policy, and study document consistency will be discussed.
Class Objectives: At the conclusion of this class, you should be able to:
- Describe clinical research (CR) financial management across the life of the study
- Identify the role of uTRAC/EPIC in completing financial management tasks
- List and summarize numerous educational offerings, including:
- Voluntary formal and informal trainings
- Mandatory billing review trainings
- Special topics
- Summarize the benefits of workshops for assistance in any clinical research management task
REd Synchronous classes are taught by subject matter experts, and provide both fundamental and advanced skills training in flipped classroom format. These classes are offered live (currently, via Zoom), wherein participants will attend and participate in a 1-hour presentation and will be held responsible for completing any required pre-class and/or post-class activities outside the classroom (these activities can include: readings, videos, etc.). Participants can expect to spend up to 1-hour with these activities. The total duration for these synchronous classes is approximately 2-hours.