Full course description
LIVE SESSION: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 @2:00pm - 3:00pm, Zoom
REd Synchronous classes are taught by subject matter experts, and provide both fundamental and advanced skills training in flipped classroom format. These classes are offered live (currently, via Zoom), wherein participants will attend and participate in the 1-hour live lecture/presentation. Participants will be required to work pre-class and post-class activities outside the classroom. These activities can include: readings, videos, etc.
Class Description: Participants should have a basic knowledge of informed consent requirements prior to attending this class. Different models for obtaining and documenting informed consent based on the required elements and risk level of the research will be presented. The difference in required elements of consent for minimal risk and greater than minimal risk studies will be explained. How to improve the informed consent process and required documents through clarification and simplification will be discussed.
Objectives: At the conclusion of this class, you should be able to:
- Understand the distinction between the Consent Process and the Consent Document
- Understand the Basic Elements of Informed Consent
- Decide what Consent Process model is most appropriate for your study
- Understand the additional Elements of Informed Consent that are required based on the specifics of your study
Class Duration: Total duration for synchronous classes are approximately 2 hours. Those two (2) hours will be broken down into:
- A live session which will take approximately 1 hour (45-minute presentation and 15-minute Q&A) and;
- Pre and Post-work activities which will take approximately 1 hour, in total.