The REd Grant Writing Foundation: NSF course is the first step to preparing a competitive proposal for NSF funding.
At the conclusion of this class, you should be able to:
- Describe the mission and structure of NSF, and the types of research they fund
- Satisfy the requirements of the two NSF merit criteria criteria
- Navigate NSF proposal solicitations and the PAPPG
- Select and outline a competitive research idea
- Outline and draft a competitive NSF proposal
This foundation course is a prerequisite for participants who will continue on to the Grant Writing Workshop, which is a more in-depth discussion about developing research proposals. This course is highly recommend prior to participating in the Grant Writing Consultations.