In this class, we will learn about Pivot-RP (not to be confused with the Pivot Center at the University of Utah. Pivot-RP is a University of Utah searchable database purchased by the VPR Office. Pivot-RP is used to identify funding opportunities and view scholarly profiles. It is freely available to all faculty, staff, and students at the University. Participants will learn:
1) how to set up researcher profile and/or claim profile
2) how to search Pivot for funding opportunities
3) how to locate/network with researchers with common research interests
4) how to set up alerts and get help
5) tips and strategies for graduate students, new faculty at Utah, experienced researchers, and research administrators.
This class will be beneficial to Investigators, faculty, graduate students, Research Administrators, and Research Development Professionals.
Special thanks to Gay Cookson who allowed us to adapt and revise class content that she created.
This training will take asynchronously as well as in courses that can be arranged for small groups and departments. Please contact either Nena, Lorelei, or Alfred for group or department training.